This policy is drafted in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. We actively monitor current data regulation and update our data policy where necessary.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT:
- Personal information: we hold the minimum amount of personal information required to provide you with an effective service. This might include: name, email, phone, address, job title, organisation name, details of any disability so that workshops and venues can be tailored to be accessible to all.
- Non-Personal information: this is collected by our website so that we can analyse usage and page preferences so that we can understand our market better. The data inludes: IP addresses, cookies, web analytics.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA:
- Through our website using our mailing list, hosted by the data processor MailChimp
- Through direct contact via email, telephone, social media or in person
- Through non-personal information collected by our website (explained further below)
- For employees, through contracts of employment and through a DBS checking service: Mayflower Disclosure Services
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA:
- To supply services to clients
- To send booking forms, invoices and collect payments from you
- To keep you informed about Learning Through Theatre’s news, events, performances and training opportunities
- To request your feedback on services provided so that we can ensure we are always improving and delivering the best services to you
- To carry out safeguarding employee checks and to safeguard employees in the work place
- You have the right to be informed about the data we hold on you, you have the right to see this data, the right to rectify it and the right to have it erased from our records at any time, without cost or explanation.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
- We will never share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We will only use your personal information for marketing purposes with your consent. If you do not consent to us using your information for marketing purposes, please let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by opting out via the ‘unsubscribe’ option that is always available at the bottom of any mailing list mail out.
- Your non-personal data (as defined below) is accessed by Google web analytics as a data processing service for the purpose of continually improving the Learning Through Theatre website. Google have no access to your personal information and Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- All data is stored on password protected systems and in the password protected cloud storage solution, Dropbox
- If you are, or have been, a recent customer of ours then we will continue to hold your data as a legitimate business interest for as long as the engagement agreement between us exists and for a reasonable period of time afterwards, as required under law. Your legal rights can be called into effect any time.
- If you are, or have been, contracted as an employee of ours then we will continue to hold your data for as long as you are employed by us and for a reasonable period of time afterwards, as required under employment law. Our DBS Information Policy: Secure storage, handling, use, retention & disposal of disclosures and disclosure information should be read alongside this policy. Your legal rights can be called into effect any time.
- Any data that no longer needs to be held by us for a legitimate reason will be securely and completely destroyed.
- By reading this document and continuing to discuss how our services can meet your needs, you consent to us using your personal information in this way for the provision of an estimate or quote, the purchase of products or services and to administrate or carry out our obligations for any agreement you have with us.
- Our mailing list is powered by MailChimp. You either sign up directly via our website or by asking to join by email, on a feedback form or in person.
- We collect your first name, last name, email address and sometimes organisation and phone number, so that we can send you emails about events and workshops.
- We keep a record within MailChimp of when you signed up to our mailing list so that in 5 years after the sign-up date we can contact you and check if you still want to receive updates from us.
- You must register yourself to this mailing list and give the necessary permissions.
- You have the right to unsubscribe and have your data removed at any time.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES:
- We work with some third party websites that act as data processors or ‘stewards’:
- Other third parties provide essential support services: Intuit QuickBooks for invoicing, Dropbox for data storage, PayPal for payments, Google Analytics for web behaviour analytics, Mayflower Disclosure Services for Disclosure and Barring Service checks on employees. These major companies are all subject to GDPR and have their own GDPR compliant privacy policies in place. You can view their privacy policies here:
- From time to time we work with third party organisations who may host or organise workshops that Learning Through Theatre facilitate. We are not directly responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third party organisations however we do require them to provide us with evidence of being GDPR compliant. Prior to any workshop, we request only reasonable and relevant personal information to enable us to plan and prepare workshops that are accessible to all and that will meet expectations.
- Our website contains suggested links to other websites for further research. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of these third party websites.
- We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will continue to update these measures as new technology becomes available.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION UP TO DATE:
- Please let us know if the personal information, which we hold about you, needs to be corrected or updated.
Non-personal information cannot be traced to an individual. We only collect data that relates to what goes on in the Learning Through Theatre website and the information cannot be used for marketing on an individual basis. We collect non-personal data via:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet). We use IP addresses to collect broad geographic information on our site visitors. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
- Web analytics. In order to develop our site in line with our customers’ needs, Learning Through Theatre keeps track of which pages are visited most frequently and how long visitors spend on our site. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Learning Through Theatre use Google Analytics to optimise this site and improve the service we provide to our visitors. More information about how to reject or delete this Google cookie may be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
- The data controller responsible in respect of any personal or non-personal information collected is Learning Through Theatre.